What are the best botox alternative treatment options?
With the botox treatment costs ever increasing, flawless beauty remains an unrealized dream for many. Fortunately, technology has now introduced hope in the form of these jars and bottles. These miracle serums, creams, and gels are not just affordable, but also give you the desired results without the need of any dermatologist consultations or prescriptions.
Skin aging is one of the main factors that affects beauty and skin. Wrinkles, fine lines, age spots are the most common first signs of skin aging. Surprising as it may sound, often these signs are not due to actual aging, and hence you will find someone over 45 with beautiful skin, while a 25-year-old may have very prominent laugh lines already!
Sun damage, lack of skin care, malnourishment are all the leading factors of premature skin aging. While Botox is very effective in giving you visible results, unfortunately, not everyone can afford this luxury. Instead, here we are with our list of the best alternative treatments to Botox, you can simply apply at home and buy off the shelves without any prescription.
Let’s take a look at our selected leading products:
With all the key ingredients to help the skin look and feel great, this is our top recommendation. It also works as a daily moisturizer and works effectively on those stubborn lines, spots, and wrinkles, visibly reducing and lightening them.
This wonder product also works effectively on the reddened and irritated skin, to gently reduce the inflammation and ease off the irritation. The key ingredient here is the ‘Snake Peptide’. Although a synthesized ingredient, it works like the Waglerin. Which is a component of the Temple Viper’s venom, and helps ease the fine lines, typically on the forehead and other key areas, by relaxing the facial muscle cells.
Moreover, the retinol with its known vitamin A and anti-oxidizing properties helps keep the skin safe and protected, whereby reducing the wrinkles. Plus, the product is fully refundable if it fails to satisfy you.
One best skin, moisturizer, healer, wrinkle reducer, and soothing treatment, the product is highly recommended if you wish to rock that youthful looking, smooth and vibrant face of yours.
Why Do We Like It?
The repair serum is very effective and contains just the right ingredients you need for the reduction of the wrinkles and fine lines. Just the application of a few drops a day can give your skin the nourishment it requires to make it glowing and fresh for the day. The non-sticky formula also makes it a great choice to be used as a day cream.
- Satisfaction guarantee.
- Easy to use pump bottle.
- Snake peptide formula.
- Does not give instant results.
Just the way beauty is enhanced by beautiful eyes, dull, darkened eyes, with crow’s feet, often mar the whole look. No matter how much of makeup you pile on, the puffiness, dark circles, and fine lines cannot ever be completely hidden.
For the most effective treatment, you need something exclusively for the eyes only. Here’s a great product, just for the purpose. A simple application with the finger makes it really easy to spread the area around the eyes and hydrates the area for giving you the best results.
It promises to deliver, not in days but within minutes! And we all know, once the eyes look rested and sparkling, everything else just falls into place to perfection. No matter what the problem is, be it puffiness, dark circles, crow’s feet, or simply tired eyes, this mini product fixes it all.
Moreover, it does not leave any residue, stickiness or cause dryness. You will barely feel it’s there as it dries up in seconds of application. A must have botox alternative filler for getting your eyes to shine and look ever energized, wherever you go.
Why Do We Like It?
We all crave for the instantaneous results like actual Botox gives you. This product gives you quite close to Botox results within minutes. Just apply, let it dry and you are all set to go. A wonderful invention, and very effective too.
- Non-sticky formula.
- Easy to apply.
- Gives you results within minutes.
- Reduces fine lines, dark circles, puffiness, and eye-bags.
A very effective formula, though a bit higher on the price spectrum. This one has the mineral concentration formula, for giving you the natural skin glow and most effective skin care treatment.
It works on the whole face to reduce wrinkles, fine lines and also helps firm up the loose hanging skin. Typically, around the neck, it works effectively to make it look and feel more youthful. The serum works quite effectively of all the contours of the face, reducing lines, wrinkles and age spots.
It helps relax the facial muscles and makes the skin feel more elastic and youthful. This way, the incidence of lines and wrinkles, further reduces. To get all these miraculous results, you just have to apply the serum twice a day, directly rubbing onto the wrinkles and lines, particularly near the lips (laugh lines), eyes (crow’s feet) and forehead.
You can also directly apply your makeup directly on the serum, the thin layer, feels so light and does not leave any residue, that it can also be used as a light base.A product worth every penny, what it can do for an aged, wrinkled face is nothing compared to the price or slight effort you have to put into applying it daily. You will love it!
Why Do We Like It?
The Dead Sea mineral formula is best known for skin revitalizing treatment. The premium care product helps uplift the dead and sagging skin, to give you a youthful, flexible skin. This way, the chances of recurrence of wrinkles also diminishes. You can also use it as a base under the makeup.
- Premium skin care product.
- Directly works on the affected skin contours.
- Natural anti-aging formula.
- Uplifts the drooping skin.
- No immediate results.
If your skin feels loose, wrinkly, or in other words, older than it should, here’s a great product to help fix it for the better. The Argireline anti-aging Botox alternative formula is made with the peptides and vitamin C. Both the ingredients are known for their wrinkle and age spot-reducing properties.
The product works effectively to lift up the sagging skin and also helps in restoring the natural youthful radiance. The vitamin C also works against the sun damage and lightens up the dark spots. Further, if you are not satisfied with the results, you will get a full refund, without any questions!
Give it a try, and let the peptides work their way through the skin to ease away the wrinkles and lines to give you a lasting glow, smoother skin, and natural beauty. Plus, its enriched formula also seeps deep into the skin to nourish the dry skin. As the skin derives the hydration through the serum, it revitalizes the dull and dry skin cells and gives you a healthy and smoother look.
Why Do We Like It?
The best thing about the formula is that it is very economical, unlike the others and gives results. It has the two key ingredients well-known to skin care treatments i.e. peptides and vitamin C. Also repairs the skin damaged due to prolonged sun exposure.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Pump bottle for ease of use.
- Lightens dark spots, reduces wrinkles and sun damage.
- Very economical.
- Not for instantaneous results.
- May require a moisturizer to be used in liaison with it.
Designed to ‘instantly’ firm and give a structure to the face, this one, however, fails to live up to its promise. The Dragon’s Blood gel is an anti-aging formula however it misses just the key ingredients you need for combating the signs of skin aging.
There’s no retinol or peptides or even Vitamin C for that matter to working on the puffy eyes or wrinkles. The formula is claimed to help repair and soothe the skin of redness and inflammation whereby giving it a youthful look.
The formula includes proanthocyanidins, for helping in the skin to repair, and get firmer instantly. However, there are no instant results. It does, with time show some effects, but when compared to the other products in the category, these don’t quite make a marked difference.
One more ingredient is the ‘Taspine’. This is known for its healing properties. So it does help the skin repair the damaged skin cells, and heal. The application must be twice daily, to achieve these results. The product is not a complete failure on its part, however, if you are willing to pay about $30, you have much better options to think about.
Why Do We Like It?
A unique product for skin care. It helps heal the broken and damaged skin with the help of Taspine. The formula is suitable for all types of skin and it does not have any harmful effects. Also, works great on the combination and sensitive skin as it helps soothe the irritated skin.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Backed by a satisfaction guarantee.
- Works on collagen and scars.
- Does not include retinol, Vitamin C, A or E.
- Does not give desired results within a month.
Here’s one with the right ingredients (including vitamin C) for giving you skin care and protection at quite an affordable rate. However, this too is not for immediate results. While skin care experts are continuously striving to manufacture products that give you instantaneous results or creams that work after a few applications or within a month’s time, this still has a long way to go.
The Matrixyl 3000 helps in getting your skin evenly toned and for the reduction of wrinkles and fine lines, it does little in even a month of regular usage. A low-cost alternative no doubt, but people nowadays do not have the time to wait for actual results.
It includes the Hyaluronic Acid that helps the skin get nourished and hydrated from deep inside and hence helps lighten wrinkles and lines. Although it promises to give you a smoother look in just a month, it often takes a lot more time than that. And that is a major turn off; one may actually just switch to another brand or product which gives better and quicker results.
Hence, not highly recommended, unless there’s an improved formula introduced by the manufacturer.
Why Do We Like It?
The product includes the key ingredients to make it a good anti-aging formula. It is a comparatively low-cost solution to skin aging and helps work on reducing the lines and wrinkles. It also works on making the skin look as smooth and supple as can be.
- Includes Vitamin C and Hyaluronic acid.
- Hydrates the skin.
- Affordable solution.
- Results not visible for months.
- Does not immediately reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
Buying Guide – Botox Alternative Treatments
While Botox and other skin care solutions are not getting any less expensive by the day, the search for effective and affordable skin care solutions is on the rise. We all wish for simpler solutions that give us quicker and desirable results, at an affordable cost.
While Botox may be a dream come true for many, many a times, it becomes the ultimate nightmare! The after effects, wrong results, skin reactions, the list is just endless. As the bearers of good news for all those looking for effective AND low-cost solutions to skin aging, we are here with the best Botox alternative treatments and a guide to help you buy the right one!
These are there to fight against all the main signs of skin aging, to help restore the natural skin glow and to make you look –and feel – fresh, energetic and lively as ever.
For effectively reducing the fine lines and wrinkles, and working as an alternative to those botox injections, here are some of the key ingredients that can help your skin:
- Vitamin A or Retinol: Widely used in about all major skin anti-agers. It works to restore the skin and to make it look younger and healthier looking.
- Hydroxy Acids: These may be in the form of polyhydroxy acids, beta hydroxyl acids or alpha hydroxyl acids. All these work as exfoliants and help the skin rejuvenate itself by replacing the dead skin with the new smoother and even skin.
- Niacin Amide: This has antioxidizing properties and hydrates the skin also improving its natural elasticity.
- Hyaluronic Acid: It helps hydrate the skin by increasing the water retention. The more water it retains, the smoother the texture and lesser incidence of wrinkles on the skin.
- Green Tea Extracts: Green tea extracts are great anti-oxidizers and also have anti-inflammatory properties. They reduce skin irritation, redness, and inflammation, also working towards giving it a natural, younger look.
- Vitamin C or Citrus Elements: This vitamin helps in the production of collagen and makesyour skin look smooth and supple. It also works with its antioxidizing properties to give you a relaxed, refreshed and younger looking skin. It also lightens the age spots and other dark marks.
- Coenzyme Q10: This ingredient works around the eyes and reduces the wrinkles and fine lines. It also takes care of the skin and keeps it protected from the harmful rays of the sun.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing Botox Alternative Treatments
Usually, these creams prove effective once you make these part of your routine lives. You may have to apply these at least once or twice a day for the best results. Results are often visible within weeks or a month’s time. However you must keep on using the cream even after the desired results are achieved, as the wrinkles and other skin issues may pop right back at a later stage.
The price or cost does not determine how effective or high quality the cream may be. Most of these products lie within a specific price range, for instance, these creams may start from $10 and may go up to $70. Often the top rated brands price their creams higher, based on their repute and a fine selection of ingredients.
There may be one key ingredient for skin rejuvenation or more than one. It all depends on the formula. Remember, while there must be at least one key ingredient for the product to work, having all the ingredients in one compound is hardly ever a possibility.
- Side Effects
Talk about the taboo of the skin care industry. Often products may cause skin redness, itching or inflammation, typically on the sensitive skin. Just make sure to go through the instructions before the purchase and the list of ingredients. This will help you find and use the right product on your skin.
While one product may be ranked higher than the rest, it is not always a must that the product is the best for everyone. Often what works for your friend, may fail to deliver the same on your skin. The difference may be due to your skin type, a certain physical state or other external conditions.
Many of these creams also come with sunscreens and help protect the skin from the sun. A good selection, in this case, could be one with SPF, as this way you can also use it as a day cream and keep it safe from sun damage.
- Type of Skin
The skin type is a very important factor to consider when looking for any sort of facial cream. The most common skin types include the dry skin, oily skin, and the combination type. A few others may have the very tricky, sensitive skin. Know and understand your skin type to keep it safe from any harmful reactions and for the most effective results.
These solutions are available in the form of serums, gels, creams and also fillers.
Benefits of Botox Alternative Solutions
- They are VERY convenient to use. You just need to apply once or twice a day just like any moisturizer/base.
- Very effective. Most of the formulae give you instantly noticeable results, within days.
- These are safe. While thinking about injecting those botox needles, does not bring a good thought to one’s mind, these alternatives are really safe and can be used with peace of mind. Usually, these are safe for all skin types and do not contain the harmful chemicals.
The main areas the lines and wrinkles impact are:
- Expression lines on the forehead.
- Crow’s feet under the eyes.
- The area around the lips (laugh lines).
- Sagging skin on the neck.
Understanding the actual impact of aging is very important for deciding on the right product to use.
What factors are Important for Determining the Right Botox Alternative Solution for your Skin?
- Skin Condition: The actual condition of the skin is very important. A closer look yields, what actually is wrong with the skin. Do you have acne? Open pores? Excessive dryness? Knowing the cause helps to find the right solution for the specific skin.
- Profession: How much exposure do you get on a daily basis? Your job. Living and lifestyle play a key role too in skin damage. Plus, if you happen to work in the media or have customer dealing on a regular basis, skin care is the prime requisite to make your personality ever appealing for your audience.
- Demographics: Your age, area you live in, and other personal attributes are very important as well. If you are over 40’s then the use of these anti-aging treatments is definitely a MUST. It is in fact advised to start with the solutions as early as your 30s, so that skin can be restored before it gets damaged beyond repair.
- Other Factors: Other factors such as stressful situations, skin conditions, allergies, and sensitivity must also be considered before you set out to buy any skin care/treatment product. Make sure to go through the ingredients and precautions if any to avoid undesired results.
What Are the Different Types of Botox Alternative Skin Treatments for Anti-Aging?
Among the most basic skin care creams, we have:
- Wrinkle Reducer Creams/Serums: These give you the closest results to Botox. The cream works on the facial muscles to relax them and eases off the crease to make them appear less visible to the eye. These are not a permanent solution for the wrinkles, as they only lighten their effect but do not completely take them away.
- Repairing Creams: Those creams or serums that have retinol, elastin, collagen or hydroxyl acids as the key ingredient can be included in this category. All these ingredients reduce the impact of the sun’s harmful rays and also repair the damaged and dead skin.
- Antioxidant Creams: These are rich in vitamins and minerals. The key vitamins you will find inside these creams are the Vitamin A, C, D and E. These reduce the skin impurities and give you a younger-looking, healthy skin.
- Moisturizing Creams: Many of the moisturizing creams can also be termed as alternatives to the botox treatment. Those creams that reduce wrinkles, smoothen the skin and hydrate it, come under this category.
- Natural Creams: Skin rejuvenation treatments that make use of oils, extracts and botanicals to help revive the skin’s youthful glow are widely preferred due to their closer to nature ingredients and safe results.
- Firming Creams: These creams directly hit the spot. The main area that is hanging or sagging loose can be firmed up with these. They help the skin get back its natural elasticity and also reduce the occurrence of wrinkles.
Looking young and beautiful is actually never as easy as it seems on TV. Unlike the TV shows and movies, where a graceful, flawless beauty aged 65 is actually just a 25 year old, age is much more than a number in real life.
However, with the right bottle of the fountain of youth, you can actually take years off your face and look – and feel – lovely and young as ever. Finding the right treatment for your skin may seem quite tough at first, but just a little bit of research can get you in the right direction.
These creams and gels work towards turning back the clock not by just a few months, but by years! And this is one time machine that is not just affordable but also gets you quite close to your desired years.
Other methods to rejuvenate skin that you may want to consider are face masks delivering therapuetic light doses or simply eating a healthy diet that avoids intolerances. Koreans also swear by their products such as snail mucus-containing cream (see this article), or even their eye-specific wrinkle-reducing creams. Who says you can’t combine all of these approaches?