Best automatic sprouter for home gardens
Are you trying to eat healthy? Do you believe in the various health benefits of adding sprouts to your diet? There are a lot of healthy dishes and recipes that you can prepare using sprouts. But sprouts are high maintenance and manually taking care of your sprouts is time consuming and requires a lot of effort. This is why finding the best automatic sprouter can be the best option to grow your healthy sprouts at the comfort of your home. These wonderful appliances will water your plants regularly and will maintain their moisture level and temperature so that they grow perfectly. There is no need to spend time rinsing your sprouts regularly because these gadgets will do the job effortlessly and fast.
What do I need to consider when buying an automatic sprouter?
If you are going to spend money in order to buy an automatic sprouter, then you are really keen on having the best way to grow your sprouts without having to worry about soaking and rinsing them. You will be able to save your time and effort and still grow the best sprouts.
Easy to use:
Using an automatic sprouter shouldn’t be rocket science. You need to buy an appliance that is easy and comfortable to use. The automatic sprouter is designed to make your life easier and should be convenient to use.
You don’t need an automatic sprouter that will occupy a lot of space on your countertop and will be huge to fit in any storing space. Make sure that you are buying a proper automatic sprouter that will be big enough to grow your greens and would still be easy to store. If you are tight on space, then choosing a model that features stacking sprouter jars might be your best bet. Or you can choose a bigger model that features sprouting trays if storage area is not an issue.
You need a highly versatile sprouter that can grow different kinds of sprouts all at the same time. There are a lot of sprouters that come with drainage holes to rinse the seeds and drain the excess water. The right sprouter should have a drip tray which will keep the extra moisture inside the sprouter and maintain the level of humidity with creating an environment for bacteria or mold.
Other points to consider:
- Choose the one the best works for the size of your sprouts and the amount you intend to grow. A tall sprouter will allow your greens to grow taller. With the growing trend of eating superfoods, growing different sprouts is a healthy and economic option.
- There are some sprouters that recycle the water used and offer no drainage tubes. These will need to have their water changed once a day. Make sure that you understand the features and limitations of your automatic sprouter.
- Sprouters that feature multiple trays will allow you to grow different sprouts at the same time.
- Some sprouters allow for using soil. If this is what you want, then you must consider the pros and cons associated with having to deal with using soil in your sprouter. Soil will help your sprouts to grow faster and healthier but is not hassle free.
Reviews of the best automatic sprouters
We decided to review some of the best automatic sprouters on the market. These are some of the best models and you can easily go through the different features to choose the one the best works for you.
- A reliable sprouter with an automatic watering system. Say good bye to wasting your time and effort to make sure that your sprouts are properly taken care of. This sprouter will water your sprouts for 5 minutes and rest for 25, so that your seeds are properly and continuously soaked and your sprouts are kept moist.
- Easy to use. Just fill it with water and switch it on. Your sprouts will be ready within 5 to 8 days.
- An adjustable water pressure system to suit different sprouts. Now you can grow all your greens comfortably.
- Up to 3 levels of sprouting. You don’t have to buy multiple appliances. This one will be more than enough to grow everything from broccoli to wheatgrass.
- A detachable power cord for easy storage.
- The trays are BPA free.
- Recycles the water used.
- Doesn’t leak.
- Not so easy to clean especially at the very bottom.
- Some people are not comfortable with the hassle of changing the water every day.
- Some of the seed roots can get tangled up at the screens.
- A trustworthy sprouter that lives up to the claims of being a true microfarm.
- 3 stackable microfarm trays that can be used altogether or according to your own preferences.
- Will grow different kinds of sprouts all at the same time.
- Trays are securely stacked so that they won’t slide and the whole unit won’t break down. At the same time, they are placed at an angle so that you can remove one at a time to clean it or to make room for the growing sprouts.
- Automatic draining system for the 3 trays. Each one can be timed differently to cater for the needs of different sprouts.
- Can be used with or without soil for the highest level of versatility.
- A highly versatile sprouter that can be used to grow multiple sprouts at different growth stages.
- Easy to use.
- Trays won’t slide off and you can easily access each one.
- An automatic timer individually set for each microfarm.
- No mold or rotting seeds.
- This is considered to be quite expensive compared to the other products on the market.
- This is a big unit.
- The ability to grow up to 5 different kinds of sprouts, all at the same time.
- A mist generator to keep your seeds and sprouts perfectly moist all the time.
- An adjustable water timer. Just add your water and seeds and you are good to go.
- A collection pan and a drainage tube to avoid water pooling.
- Safe to use and highly versatile with different kinds of sprouts.
- You can use just one mircofarm or all once. It is easy to decide thanks to its convenient design.
- Doesn’t occupy much space on your kitchen counter.
- The plastic used is BPA free.
- Thanks to the automatic water filler, you can easily connect it to a water source and it will fill when the water reservoir dries out.
- You don’t need to fill the reservoir every day.
- Allows for air mixing so that there is no mold or bacteria.
- Can be cleaned every 2 weeks or so.
- The motor is always on contact with humidity. Sometimes it just rusts and the machine will stop working.
- The technique of cleaning this sprouter is not so easy to everybody especially that some people prefer to detach parts to manually clean them and with this sprouter, this is quite difficult.
- A fast and easy to use sprouter that will grow your sprouts within 3 to 5 days.
- A versatile sprouter that can grow multiple kinds of seeds and sprouts, all at the same time.
- Thanks to the hydrophobic water flow, the seeds will stay in place and will not move during the germination stage and this means that there will be no clumping like what you might face with other sprouters.
- The water will effortlessly flow from one tray to another to provide the best level of moisture for all your sprouts.
- This sprouter comes with 4 trays but can be easily extended to 10 trays per base so that you can grow all your favorite seeds and sprouts.
- This sprouter has a reservoir lid so that you can water your seeds and sprouts without having to move anything.
- The plastic used is BPA free.
- Allows you to use less water to grow your different sprouts.
- Very affordable.
- Easy to clean.
- This sprouter is not automatic. This means that you have to pay attention to watering your sprouts and making sure that they are properly watered and soaked at all time.
- Some people feel that it is a bit small.
- Without the proper attention, you can keep on getting mold.
Frequently asked questions
1. Who needs to buy a sprouter?
Sprouts are super healthy and will add a lot of versatility to your kitchen. You can use fresh sprouts in your salads, your sandwiches or to prepare lovely smoothies. Buying a sprouter will allow you to grow your very own at the comfort of your home so that you can have them fresh whenever you want to.
2. Do I need to buy a manual or an automatic sprouter?
This depends on how often you plan on using the sprouter and the budget you want to devote for it. Of course an automatic sprouter is easier and better to use but it will cost more money.
3. Do I really need a timer?
A timer will make your job a lot easier. Timers work to keep your seeds moist according to a certain schedule. You don’t have to worry about watering your sprouts because a reliable system will take care of the process.
Buying the best automatic sprouter is a great option if you want to grow healthy and high quality sprouts. There is no need to spend days or hours growing your sprouts because a reliable sprouter will do the job for you. Just make sure that you choose a reliable product and you will have the best dishes and the healthiest smoothies any time you want to.