Low carb tricks with miracle noodles and where to buy them
If you are having pasta cravings while trying to lose weight, miracle noodles might be your solution. These noodles have nearly zero calories and carbohydrates, which means you can eat a large amount with ruining your diet. Read on to learn more about miracle noodles and where you can buy them.
What Are Miracle Noodles?
Miracle noodles are a traditional form of Japanese noodles called shirataki noodles (yam noodles). In English, shirataki is translated into “white waterfall”. The noodles got this name because of their look. They are made from konjac yam (elephant yam or devil’s tongue yam), and they are thin, gelatinous, translucent and barely have a taste of their own. Their thicker version is called ito konnyaku. Shirataki noodles are sometimes called konjac noodles.
Shirataki noodles are called miracle noodles in the West because of their very low calorie content compared to regular pasta, which is terrific for dieting. A full bowl of 200g miracle noodles only contains 8 calories! For this reason, they are often marketed as zero calorie noodles or no-carb pasta.
Where to Buy Miracle Noodles?
Shirataki noodles can be purchased from Asian markets or supermarkets. You can find them in dry or wet form, packaged in their liquid. You can also buy them online from digital stores, including Amazon, for your convenience. It is worth knowing that in some regions, konnyaku can also mean thicker shirataki noodles, so be careful before purchasing them.
What Are They Used For?
Shirataki noodles are mainly used as a substitute for the standard noodles. They contain a low level of carbohydrates and calories, and that’s what makes them attractive for people who are on a diet.
These magical noodles are great for low carb/low-calorie diets. They are useful for individuals who want to lose some weight, maintain their body or for ill people who need to avoid various types of food.
Shirataki noodles are usually cooked with vegetables or other kinds of food because they mostly lack in flavor. They go well with mushrooms or light meat.
Benefits of Miracle Noodles
- This type of noodle can lower the cholesterol levels in your body, making it ideal for a weight loss diet.
- It can also reduce the blood sugar levels so people who have diabetes can also use it.
- Because shirataki noodles contain a high level of fiber, they can improve the digestion, and they can also clean and improve the intestinal function.
The Japanese have been eating this type of noodle for years, and their youthful appearance shows it. That’s why they are starting to gain fame in the United States and Europe.
Best Shirataki Noodles You Can Buy Online
1. Miracle Noodle Shirataki (link)
These noodles have zero carbs, and are gluten free, soy free and cholesterol free. They are made out of Glucomannan combined with water, and they absorb any juice, soup or sauce. They don’t contain fat, sugar, starch or chemical preservatives.
Customers are satisfied with this product, and every user review reflects that.
They come at an affordable price, and the quantity will ensure you with a daily dose for a week. Miracle Noodle Shirataki is made in the United States.
2. Konjak Magic Noodles (link)
This is another type of shirataki noodles that you can order online. These noodles are made in Japan by a company that has been in business for more than 101 years.
These noodles have the same texture as the regular ones but have no GMO. They also have zero carbs, and zero fat and contain no sugar or gluten. Compared with other shirataki noodles, this product is not chewy or rubbery and it doesn’t have an odd smell; it is all natural.
They are easy to prepare and you need to cook them for about 2 minutes. They require no drain, no boiling, and no rinsing.
3. Better Than Organic Konnyaku (link)
This is a brand that can offer zero calorie pasta, zero calorie spaghetti or rice. They are all made out of Konnyaku, and they all come with an above average price because of the high-quality konnyaku used.
They have a neutral taste but can absorb the flavors from other ingredients, and they can be cooked in two minutes. They contain no gluten, no sodium, no sugar or fat, no GMO and they are also ideal for vegans.
4. Skinny Shirataki Noodles (link)
This company produces a wide variety of products made out of Konnyaku, such as rice, spaghetti, and noodles.
The noodles contain fiber, and they are low on sugar. They also have zero carbs, they are gluten-free, and contain no calories or fat. Moreover, there is no soy used in their production. They are all natural and go well with a vegan diet. They are also recommended for people who want to lose weight or suffer from diabetes. This product is made in the United States.
Shirataki Noodles Recipes
In the case of shirataki noodles, you must be very careful with the ingredients used because they are the ones that give them the taste. In other words, preparing the noodles is the same in every case; the other ingredients make the difference and the recipe.
This is how you usually prepare noodles:
- Open the package. If you use magic noodles that are packed in their liquid, let them drain.
- Place the noodles in a rice strainer or other container and rinse them under a stream of cold water.
- Cut the noodles in half. This will make the cooking process simpler. This way, it will also be easier to eat them.
- Boil the noodles for one minute and then drain.
- Get a skillet and fry them anywhere between four to six minutes.
- Place them on a plate, and now they are ready to serve.
While they don’t make the best tasting meal on their own, you can combine the noodles with other ingredients.
Here is what you can use to add some flavor to your noodles.
- Garlic – if you haven’t tried garlic noodles yet, you have missed one of the best dishes of your life.
- Chicken breast with soy sauce, brown sugar, and broccoli.
- Garlic combined with spinach and parmesan. This is a light dish, and it is one of the freshest meals you can try, especially in the summer.
- You can combine magic noodles with curry, mushrooms, and beef. It’s not vegan or low in calorie, like the other recipes, but it sure is healthy and delicious.
- Asian recipes like this one are great.
Miracle noodles are starting to become more and more popular all over the world, and, as you’ve seen, there are many reasons for that. They can taste great if you combine them with the right ingredients. And they are also easy to prepare. So, what are you waiting for? Start cooking and experimenting with these magical noodles.
If you want to learn about another low-carb pasta option, read our guides to zoodle makers for healthy pasta made from spiralized zucchini!