Best king size air mattress for couples
We all look for comfort and stability to get optimal sleep. The king size air mattresses offer just that. Not only are the products comfortable, but they are also large enough to fit couples comfortably. These mattresses take less than five minutes to inflate. Moreover, pumps are provided that can be used to inflate or deflate quickly. However, it is important to note that King Size mattresses are limited in number. Queen size mattresses are another alternative to use if king size is not available.
The guide will provide insight on two of the best king size air mattresses for couples. Queen size type are also discussed. In addition, a buying guide to help you choose the best product and some tips on how to maintain the chosen one.
Review of products
The king bed from Fox Airbeds measures 82 by 74 by 19 inches. The dimensions are constant and do not change through expansion or stretching. The material making the mattress is vinyl. Furthermore, the vinyl is 43 percent thicker than the conventional vinyl material.
The mattress comes with a two-way pump that is built-in. This means that you can allow the inbuilt pump to air the mattress. Also, one can use an external pump in case the internal is not working well. It takes less than ten minutes to inflate the bed entirely.
Most noteworthy, the bed is very spacious and comfortable for two users. Also, it is cushioned eliminating the need to buy a mattress cover. Finally, there is a 90-day warranty provided.
- The product is sturdy and comfortable
- It takes a short time to inflate
- The inbuilt pump makes inflating the air mattress easy
- It does not hold injected air consistently
- The king bed is heavy
The product from Aerobed weighs 20.4 pounds with dimensions of 18.6 by 14.9 by 9.7 inches. The bed inflates in about 3 minutes. It has the perfect size to accommodate two individuals. An electric pump to inflate the King Airbed is provided. Furthermore, it is quick to work the pump by just plugging in and twisting until inflation occurs.
The surface of the pillow top is made from velvet and plush ensuring comfort. In addition, an anti-roll technology is in place to enhance stability when sleeping. Another great feature of the king bed is the firmness adjustment that is possible with one touch. This feature promotes healthy sleeping by ensuring the users sleeps with the right posture.
In the case of deflating the mattress, it takes less than a minute. Furthermore, it rolls up effortlessly, and the carrier bag provided ensures safe storage. A two-year guarantee that is limited is available.
- It has a great size to accommodate individuals
- The material making the pillow top enhance comfort
- It has a firmness adjustment feature to improve the sleeping posture
- The anti-roll technology ensures stability
- A two-year limited guarantee is available
- It is quick to inflate and deflate
- Although at a slower rate, it loses some air
The Dream series mattress is a Queen Size mattress from SoundAsleep. Its dimensions are 8 by 15 by 19 inches and weighs 18.96 pounds. It is raised with a double height with a chamber construction that is dual. The product comes with an internal pump that turns on with one click. The pump is able to inflate and deflate the mattress. The inflating of the product takes less than four minutes.
The comfort level of the air mattress is enhanced by a ComfortCoil technology. The technology enables the product to have internal air coils that are 40 in number. The coils not only facilitate comfort but also enhance support and durability. They ensure it remains firm and flat.
Another excellent feature is the sure-grip at the bottom. The feature prevents sliding. Also, the top is waterproof. Most noteworthy, the material making the product is multi-layered and puncture resistant. For transport and storage, a carry bag is available. Finally, a friendly guarantee for one year is offered by SoundAsleep.
- The technology enhances the comfort of the users
- It inflates and deflates quickly
- The material making the mattress is puncture-resistant
- It has a sure-grip technology that prevents sliding
- The top area is waterproof
- Transport is enhanced by the carry bag
- There is a one-year friendly guarantee
- The queen mattress may require frequent pumping
The material making the Intex queen air mattress is polyester fiber. It measures 60 by 22 by 80 inches and weighs 21 pounds. In addition, the elevated airbed has a pound capacity of 600. The product construction is fiber-tech and is designed for home use.
The product raises 22 inches from the ground. Furthermore, the sides of the mattress are indented to stop the sheets from slipping. Also, the flocked top is waterproof to enhance durability.
It comes with a built-in pump. The pump is high powered to facilitate quick and easy inflating or deflating. The mattress inflates in approximately five minutes to achieve firmness. To enhance the performance of the queen mattress, ensure the inflation dial turns entirely to the correct position when performing either inflation or deflation. Finally, the duffel back allows stress-free storage and transport.
- The high-powered pump ensures hassle free deflation and inflation
- The product is affordable
- It raises up to 22 inches creating a reasonable distance from the floor
- The sides of the product are indented to minimize the slipping of sheets
- The duffel bag ensures storage and transport
- Some users complain that it is not durable
The rest airbed is another product from Intex. It measures 60 by 16.75 by 80 inches and has a pound capacity of 600. Like the other product, it is suitable for home use. It weighs 17.5 lbs. The construction of the queen mattress is sturdy. This is because it has vinyl beams that offer support.
The product raises 18 inches from the floor. Furthermore, the top chamber is indented making it easy to slip on the sheets. The high-powered pump available is electric. Also, it is built-in the product. It allows stress-free inflation and deflation of the airbed. The storage and transport are facilitated by the carry bag included with the product.
- It has vinyl beams that offer support
- The air mattress is affordable
- It is comfortable and has a sturdy construction
- The indentation of the top chamber ensures quick slipping of the queen sheets
- It may get leaks from holes
The guide will help to know what things to consider before choosing the best air mattress for couples. The factors include;
The mattress should be thick enough to minimize the contact with the floor. The best thickness is from 18 inches from the ground. Most thick mattresses are raised. The mattress should not only be thick but be able to maintain the depth throughout the night after pumping. A great thickness ensures comfort during the night.
Type of pump
The kind of pumps available are internal or external. External pumps have various sources of power such as mains or battery. Most of the pumps that come with the airbeds are internal. The internal pumps are preferred because they are not prone to loss or tampering which makes them defective. Also, they tend to inflate the products faster.
The air mattress should be durable and offer quality of service. The strength of the product is determined by the materials making it. Many of the durable mattresses are made from thick vinyl and polyester material. To enhance durability, some products have beams reinforced. He beams also make it secure. Other features that improve the sustainability of mattresses are waterproof features and puncture resistance.
From user reviews, some products turn out to be defective. It is important to get a product that has some form of warranty in case of defect or poor performance. The warranty may range from 30 days up to two years.
How to care for your Air Mattress
- To ensure that your air mattress lasts longer, here are a few tips to care for it.
- It is advisable not to use the product immediately after inflating it. Give it time to adjust. If possible, inflate to about 90% and deflate. Give a resting period of about three hours and repeat the process. Doing this gives the material time to expand before the body weight is exerted.
- Periodically examine the air mattress for any leaks or defects. The examination may be done by checking for bubbles after spraying with soapy water. You can also do this by listening to any hissing sound. If you have a leak, refer to this article on how to patch one.
- Know the capacity that the product can hold and avoid overloading it.
- When inflating, ensure not to overdo it. Excessive air in an effort to increase firmness might lead to leaks and rips.
- Pets such as cats and dogs should be kept away. Also, avoid using sharp objects that might tear the mattress.
Choosing the best air mattress requires time to ensure the right choice is made. Several features are a priority when comparing the products. These include the thickness, type of pump, size, durability and warranty. The information provided will enable you to choose depending on your needs. It is also advisable to check reviews from other users so as to get their experiences.